$150 - $175 per 45-minute intake and assessment session
$150 - $135 per 45-minute follow-up session
$50 - $75 per 60-minute group therapy session
(fees vary based on the educational level of the particular therapist)
In a perfect world, everyone would have the benefit of working with an independent counselor for as long as is needed to accomplish his or her personal objectives. However, our world is not perfect. The reality is that services cost money and you are entitled to receive a good value. Because each person has different priorities, we at Center for Psychological Wellness, Inc. believe that it is important that you know your options. The manner in which you pay for care may affect the scope of care you can look forward to having.
Your payment options include:
1. If you are enrolled in a managed care program with which your therapist is contracted, we will accept fees paid directly by your managed care company and accept your contracted co-payment at the time of service;
If you decide to utilize your managed care benefits, please be sure to contact your managed care company directly to address any questions or concerns you may have.
Questions you may want to ask:
- Am I responsible for any payment at the time of service?
- What are the requirements for my counselor to file reports or turn over case notes?
- Who will have access to my files?
- How many sessions can I utilize each year? Who has the authority to decide how many of these sessions I can use and when? Are sessions with a psychiatrist included in my annual limits?
Will I be asked to take medication?
3. Pay directly and, if your insurance coverage allows, our office will help you secure any allowable reimbursement.
Many people have found that the direct pay option is best suited to handle their needs because it permits a higher level of confidentiality while providing greater flexibility and autonomy in designing a treatment program.
WHEN YOU CHOOSE THE OPTION OF DIRECT PAY, YOU GAIN THE FOLLOWING ADVANTAGES:
Access to your records is usually limited to you and your counselor. However, some managed care companies require periodic chart reviews by their Quality Assurance Department. Additionally, all managed care companies require your counselor to provide a diagnosis and submit treatment plans when requesting additional sessions on your behalf. Ask your counselor for more information or to see the reporting forms if you are using a managed care plan and have concerns about your privacy.
There are no restrictions placed on how you choose your counselor and what services you design in partnership with your provider. The plan of care and the payment of services are discussed and set by mutual agreement.
The length of care, frequency of sessions and other aspects of work you do together are entirely up to you and your counselor.
There is no wait for authorization to schedule appointment.
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Reduced fee services are available on a limited basis.
Cash, check and major credit cards accepted for payment.
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session.